The NHN is established to be an association of independent, private hospitals in South Africa. The objective of the NHN is to:
- Ensure solidarity between its member hospitals in pursuit of common goals;
- To facilitate and service relationships of mutual interest – in the best interest of members;
- To ensure the effective negotiating of contracts with health funders, within both the private and public sectors and to nurture and sustain these relationships;
- To provide a quality of care benchmarking and assessment system in the improvement of both cost and care deliverables by our members;
- To always ensure the best interests of members.